Download FREE (or occasionally buy ) directly from the author:
- IMPORTANT: When you have ordered a book through the checkout page you will be taken to an order confirmation which will contain the link you must use to download your copy – it is wise to use this link at once or to bookmark the page. You will also receive an email with the download link. If you ordered a free book you will see this order confirmation and link immediately; if you bought a book via PayPal then using the “return to merchant” link on their page after paying will bring up our confirmation with the download link.
- You do not have to have an account with PayPal to pay, just use the credit card of your choice.
- Be assured that your contact details and name will never be shared with a third party. If you have any problems contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org – we have other ways to get your book to you.
- Some books are FREE – we invite you to decide what the book is worth to you and maybe to make a small and voluntary donation to Nature Conservancy Canada.
With the exception of Green Birding, which is a printed book as well as in electronic format, our books are in the PDF file format – readable on any computer , tablet computer or a smartphone (ideal for carrying into the field). You can save the books and print them. You can share them with your friends – no DRM here. (Coming soon – books will shortly also be available in EPUB format)
CLICK any product to see a detailed description
Walk and Learn in the Forest
A self-guided walk along the Orange and Canada 150 trails in the Morgan Arboretum Readers are presented with 22 waypoints on the trail at which you can pause, look around and learn something about the trees, flowers, animals and other creatures that you may encounter at different seasons of the year. Includes access to an optional, free GPS app for your smartphone that will accompany you and help you find the waypoints while providing a summary of the information in the main guide for each location.
- Free until 14 April 2019, thereafter $3:00
- Download from this page
A Guide to Birding in the Morgan Arboretum (PDF or EPUB)
A guide to birding and the trails in Canada’s largest arboretum to the west of Montreal. Suitable for novices and experienced birders and includes a full annotated checklist.Thoroughly revised and updated. Richly illustrated with maps and photographs.
This version of the guide is available in two different formats:
- in PDF format which may be read on any computer, tablet or smartphone
- in EPUB format which may be read in apps such as iBooks, the Kobo book reader etc
- To order and download a PDF format copy please visit this page
- To order and download a copy in EPUB format visit this page
Birding on the West Island
The definitive guide to finding birds on and near the West Island of Montreal. Fully illustrated with detailed trail maps, access information, target birds to look for at each site and complete species checklists. View/read on your computer, tablet or smartphone or you can print a paper copy of the whole guide or just the sections you are interested in.
- Price $3:00 – we hope that you find it helpful.
Discusses Green Birding and ways in which birders can reduce their carbon emissions – encourages local patch birding and knowing your local species in depth. Often-overlooked spots in cities and suburban neighborhoods that can be bird magnets. How to study the birds around your home and participate in citizen science and conservation projects. Green birding listing challenges and groups the green birder can get involved in. Includes advice on how to adapt your equipment to a new style of birding and how to attract more birds to your home garden
Available from these links: (sorry – publishers contract, I can’t sell this directly)
Not a book about wildlife – but an introduction to an English village and its traditional morris dances.
FREE. Learn about England’s most unusual village, its history and its pastimes.